[Content from SUSS website here]
International Conference on Governance and Corruption: Governance and Corruption in Uncertain Times
Date: 21 Oct – 22 Oct 2021
Time: 10:00 to 18:00 (Japan Standard Time)
Venue: Online Conference
Organizer: Singapore University of Social Sciences
The COVID-19 pandemic has created upheavals in society and the economy. There have been fast and massive changes, with much uncertainty generated. Business models have changed, facilitated by digital transformation, which has also enabled people to work and study from home.
Governments around the world made rapid policy decisions and incurred huge public expenditure to fight the pandemic, with procurement of masks, medical supplies and vaccines, and measures to support the economy. Against this backdrop, challenges have to be met, actions plans need to be developed, and new policies and procedures have to be implemented in order to ensure good governance and corruption control.
Join the conference and learn from the insights and perspectives of experts, academics, researchers, industry professionals and practitioners as they address such issues as:
- What is the impact of the pandemic on governance and corruption?
- What threats, challenges and risks have to be addressed?
- Why are the private sector, civil society and other stakeholders crucial and what should they contribute?
- Why is it necessary to involve the international community, and what is to be done?
- How to enhance governance and corruption control currently and beyond the pandemic?
- Mouhamadou Diagne (Vice President of Integrity, World Bank Group)
- Robert Klitgaard (Professor, Claremont Graduate University, USA)
- Christopher Yukins (Co-Director, Government Procurement Law program, George Washington University Law School, USA)
- Professor Gong Ting (Chair Professor, Institute for Global Public Policy and School of International Relations and Public Affairs, Fudan University, China)
- Carissa Munro, (Policy Analyst, Directorate for Public Governance, OECD)
- Leslie Holmes (Professor Emeritus, University of Melbourne, Australia)
- Elizabeth David-Barrett (Professor, University of Sussex, UK)
- Wilson Ang (Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright -Asia- LLP)
- Ho Wai-Chi (Director, Community Relations Department, ICAC, Hong Kong)
- Jungoh Son (Anti-Corruption Initiative Assessment expert, ACRC, Korea)
- Julie Read (Director and Chief Executive, Serious Fraud Office, New Zealand)
- Wu Wei Neng (Executive Director, Chandler Institute of Governance)
- Bonnie J. Palifka (Associate Research Professor, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico)
- Michael Johnston (Emeritus Professor, Colgate University, USA)
- Owen Hawkes (Partner, KPMG Singapore)
- Raymon Ram (Secretary General, Transparency International Malaysia)
- Pat Poitevin (Co-Founder and Executive Director, Canadian Centre of Excellence for Anti-Corruption)
- Anna Romberg (Executive Vice President, Getinge)
- Sang-Hak Lee (Co-chairperson, Transparency International, Korea)
- Shreya Basu (Deputy Director, Country Support, OGP)
- Gretta Fenner (Managing Director, Basel Institute on Governance)
- Lisa Kelaart-Courtney (Director, Prevention and Compliance Division, Office of Anti-Corruption & Integrity, ADB)
- Shervin Majlessi (Chief, Conference Support Section, Corruption & Economic Crime Branch, UNODC)
Student: 128.40 Singapore Dollars
Open Category: 299.60 Singapore Dollars